Monday, January 2, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

My new years resolution is....

....wait...I don't make new years resolutions. Why do you need January 1st to commit to improving your life? Why not December 27th or whenever you think of something. Every year it's the same - the gym is packed then 6 weeks later it back to normal. Frustrating.

There are those few that can make it which is why I have to commend my cousin Carrie. She started running last New Years. I saw her post on Facebook and hoped she'd keep it up so I reached out to her and suggested she make a goal and find a group of women in her area to run with which is exactly what she did. A few months later she did a 5k and was ecstatic. I congratulated her and suggested to start making bigger goals. 10k, half marathon then a full marathon. Here reaction was "yeah right. That will never happen." Fast-foward to December 31 and she did a 10k, half marathon and logged 500 total miles in 2011. Now that's a New Years Resolution.

No comments: