Last night was the last crit at the State Fair grounds. What a crazy night. 23 women took the field from mountain bikers, track racers, and rodies. All categories (1-4) were put into one field including the ladies who just raced Nature Valley Grand Prix.
I understand why they put us all together, but image being a first year racer against the best women in the state. I guess I can look at it as it’s only making me stronger by getting my A@% handed to me on a platter. Getting lapped—once, I can handle—but twice? The stronger 4’s hung on for dear life—the rest of us survived. I placed 7th out of 14 in my category but I walked away feeling frustrated. I have the want to do better—be better, but I know…cycling is an earned sport. You can’t just go out there and be awesome, it takes time, a lot of hard work and a lot of miles—on the other hand, that is why I love this sport. Bottom line, I need to work on my patients.
This Saturday is the Richmond Roller Road Race—when the word “roller” is in the title of the race you know it’s going to get messy. Pray for me.
1 comment:
I know how discouraging getting your a** handed to you. You ladies have it tough because of the way they group you as well.
You're doing awesome for your first year! My first year was full of DNFs and just a few years later I am having much more success even after upgrading to a 3.
Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment