Tuesday I rode with the Tuesday night TH group. It was a great ride. Carol and I met at her house and was able to warm up the stiff legs before we met with the group. To our surprise Amy showed and rode about 10 miles with the group. It was great to talk with her about her experience with RAAM and to congratulate her on a job well done. During the ride, I pushed myself from time to time, but tried to save a little energy for the next day. No sprints to try to stick with the group (maybe next year I’ll attempt the sprint signs) instead I hung back with Carol—she hasn’t been able to ride in a couple of weeks. Subtracting our 15 miles to and from her house we averaged 19 mph for 40 miles.
Yesterday I meet with the Wednesday Stone Arch group to work on hills before the Stillwater Road Race this weekend. I thought the TH group was crazy fast on that route—I checked my max speed after we got to St. Paul and I hit 32.5 mph! If you know the route, the only downhill on the way out is by the University, I don’t believe I hit that speed on that downhill since I was taking it conservatively (I know—totally unlike me) but I think I hit that speed on the sprint on Shepherd Road. Thank god for the stop light!
The rest of the route was good. I’ve never road with this group before so I wasn’t sure what to expect, but I think I held my own. Holly, Dave, and Mike—it was an easy route, we only did the Ramsey area twice. :)
Now I rest. Saturday is the road race in Stillwater—not sure what to expect except a couple really hard hills, and the crit in St. Cloud on Sunday with a little partying in between!
No comments:
Post a Comment