My heart hasn’t been into working out, but I’ve been doing it anyways. I’m always happy when I’m done, but to get there has been more of a struggle. Last Monday I ran for an hour and did weights. Wednesday I ran and then went to Jody’s class. I sat in the “Hot Seat”. The name comes from a couple of different reasons. 1. because it’s in the front of the room next to the instructor and 2. because it’s truly a sauna up there with the air conditioning cans above your head blowing onto the class. All while making it look like you are not two seconds from passing out from a Jody class—by the way she created a new harder workout, 9 laps of crit racing in Stillwater—it gave me flashbacks of a real crit when the Flanders ladies would show up and kick your butt.
Friday I ran and then went to Matt’s class. Amazing—I have been out done! Two ladies chit chatted in the middle of the classroom like they were sitting at Caribou for the entire hour drinking a latte. No matter what Matt did or tried to say they weren’t listening until halfway through class he had us get out of the seat and start climbing for the remainder of the class. That seemed to work. Matt is more willing to let me know when he is frustrated with my chatting.
Once class was over I went to grab my running shoes and they were gone! Who in their right mind would steal my crusty ol gym shoes? I don’t know what happens at your gym—but I guess crusty shoe snappers are at mine.
Turns out Dan the Man grabbed my shoes thinking it was his wife Judy’s, but this has happen to Kenny at the same gym who lost a really good (expensive) pair of shoes. I had this great blog all worked out in my head about who in their right mind would steal crusty gym shoes??? Since they were found my great blog has gone to waste—but thankfully my crusty shoes are back.
This weekend was a no workout weekend—not by choice. I needed to try to play the role of homeowner. I finished painting a room, got window insulator kits for all of my windows, water heater blanket, stuff to wrap my water pipes, and installed a new thermostat. Yep…this year’s gas bill is not going to get the best of me!
Sunday night I went to a Harvest party. Not sure where we were but according to Vivian (my GPS) we would turn every two-point-five miles until we were completely lost. The Dinner was great—everyone brought something. Then we all headed out to this barn to create a pumpkin masterpiece. I wasn’t creative so I just carved out the word “DAWG” after the REGBRAI Team Dawg. Note: carving text is not as easy as one might assume. On the other hand, there was some very creative pumpkin sculptors in the group. The winner hasn’t been announced but word next to the pumpkin gut bucket was that it was this guy who announced his wife’s pregnancy by carving a women’s womb including fallopian tubes and a baby won. Bob’s 5.9 60” Trek Equinox wasn’t as descriptive as he hoped. Not more than two seconds after I typed this paragraph I found out I was disqualified for “Non pumpkin carving regulation shoes and over the time limit.” I’m contesting my disqualification.
No comments:
Post a Comment