WTF? 1094 feet of total elevation change was not what I said yes to in September. Next time—North Dakota. At least then I know that the elevation would be 0.
Monday night I went out for my last long run knowing at the time I would have a hill or two (little did I know) so I did hill work. Believe it or not there are a number of hills in Wayzata. Somewhere between Lake Street and Wayzata Blvd it’s straight up. Surprisingly I felt good, heart rate was low, and thought 4 long climbs was probably enough since I had a steady elevation left on my way home.
At one point, while running up a hill in the middle of the street, a cop drove past. He didn’t stop to tell me I was unsafe, but I could just image what his reaction could have been. Since it was MLK day the stores were closed and I was the only one in that area not in a car.
3 days to go!
Monday night I went out for my last long run knowing at the time I would have a hill or two (little did I know) so I did hill work. Believe it or not there are a number of hills in Wayzata. Somewhere between Lake Street and Wayzata Blvd it’s straight up. Surprisingly I felt good, heart rate was low, and thought 4 long climbs was probably enough since I had a steady elevation left on my way home.
At one point, while running up a hill in the middle of the street, a cop drove past. He didn’t stop to tell me I was unsafe, but I could just image what his reaction could have been. Since it was MLK day the stores were closed and I was the only one in that area not in a car.
3 days to go!
1 comment:
The hay is in the barn girl!!!
Post a Comment