Well, I bonked in spin class. It was bound to happen—bonking, that is, sometime in 2009, but come on—in spin class—on the first day of the new year?! The same place YOU control the incline and speed and are still able to stick with the group?
Here’s what lead up to this tragic event:
Wednesday was Jody’s class. Jody wasn't able to make it something about bribing her husband Tim into leading her class. Probably saving her energy for the 2 hour New Year’s class—great! What did she bribed him with? Well...we didn’t ask cause we didn't want to know—too personal. Us regulars were not worried when Tim walked in that we wouldn’t get a good butt kicking—cause we know we would!
Thursday (New Years) we had a two hour spin class mostly focused on rolling hills with Jody and Matt. I got there a bit early—ok really early—to get my bike. It’s new years and it’s a two hour class—it was going to be crazy! I put my stuff on my bike and thought I would get in a little run. Nothing fast, keeping the heart rate low, but I had time so I ran for an hour on the treadmill. I thought I might get lucky and have super human energy to run and do a two hour class—apparently not. Half hour into the class I bonked. Pizza, beer, coffee, and candy were dancing in my head. Matt gave me a few odd looks throughout the 2 hours probably due to the look of pain on my face.
This morning was Matt’s Friday class—yep another spin class. Why not? Cause I was still able to walk. After more climbing, the Wheel of Destiny was brought out—new game. Thank goodness Dora (the dice game) stayed home—she can be quite mean. Depending upon the number it lands on determines how hard and for how long the workout is going to be before we get a…15 second break before the next spin. I admit, I was praying a few times for that needle not to land on certain areas. In all, we did 33 minutes of standing climb during a 60 minute class. There has been talk about Sunday’s 90 minute class—209 or 2009 jumps. Not sure which one, but does it matter? That's still a lot. Epic? More like torture.
I got the Kline ready to winter ride. It didn’t take much—a few tweaks, installed tubes in the tubeless tires, and found my courage. I’m set. Now—where do I ride? Call me, text me, facebook me, IM me, email me, or leave a note on this blog if you’re in. I think I covered all forms of communication.
No comments:
Post a Comment