In the last year, things have been pretty busy at work which has really gotten into the way of group riding. So, last night I went out on my own for a short 35 mile ride.
Somewhere between screaming around the corners of the double-secret rollercoaster neighborhood for the second time and sprinting with a couple of dogs by Lake Independence—I was ready to go home. Too bad I still had about 15 miles to get home. Here’s the funny thing: I didn’t bonk. My avg speed was still high, I was still climbing hills and flying down the back sides. Is there a word for this type of feeling?
This morning I didn’t feel so great so I skipped Matt’s class, now I wish I would have gone. I found out some terrible news about a friend that attends the class.
Tomorrow I have a feeling I’m going to be in the dog house. Mostly everyone I know that rides has a family so I hear the “I need to be home by…”, or “My spouse doesn’t know…”, etc. I commend those that have a family and can be able to get out for a few hours. As someone single (not by choice) you wouldn’t think I have to bank brownie points….but welcome to my family—The Sisters (bump, bump, bummmm). How do I explain them—strict is kind-of a light term. I'm just kidding, my family is great! Anyways, I lightly told one of them I was going to go for a short ride in the morning. What I didn’t say was I was going to start riding in the morning. Um…I wonder how pissed she will be when I show up about 6 hours later?
If you don’t hear from me it was nice riding with you! :)
1 comment:
madonna come and ride with us, from flett farm at 36 and 694, is going to be a nice ride and a nice day
see you tomorrow
jorge
Post a Comment