Tuesday, February 8, 2011

New Chapter

I'm days away from turning the page on my current chapter of life. I've decided to leave my job and move on to another company (doing the same thing). I'm scared yet excited at the same time. I'm going to miss the people I come to laugh with but when you're constantly in a state of chaos with no end in sight with no compensation it's hard to stay. I'll continue to stay in touch with those people I enjoy. In my industry the average person stays only two years so that pretty much means I'll probably work with them again sometime in the near future.

Just like a book turning the page to find out what happens next it's exciting. What will happen? Will it turn out or will it go horribly wrong? I guess that's the lure to keep reading and to stay up until 4am to find out what's next. Have you ever read the book "Who Moved My Cheese?" If not you should. It's a quick read that tells the story about these two mice. One mouse goes to the same place everyday to get food while the other mouse goes to a different location everyday. One day the mouse that goes to the same place went to get food and found out it wasn't there anymore and didn't know what to do while the other one just kept moving and found food in another location. The moral of the story is to be ready for change. If your ready it won't be as surprising when it happens.

In training you learn that you have to be ready for anything thrown at you. I've been thrown a lot of curve balls in the short 10 years of my career. I hope now I have control of the ball and can dodge the wild balls better then I have in the past.

No comments: