Yes the workout is hard but I mean keeping up with this blog. It's now 11pm and I'm supose to be at the gym at 5am to meet my good friend Joe for spin class. Not that I normally go to the class anymore but because he has kicked cancer in the A$$ and is making a comeback tomorrow - or should I say, 30 minutes before class actually starts - I couldn't miss it! He doesn't have the doctors approval yet to be in class - until next month but Joe is determined and I need to keep determination around me at all times!
My training is going great! I'm finally seeing glimmers of light. I stopped trying to keep up with everyone else so I dropped it down and now have been making progress.
A few months ago running on the treadmill at 5.8 mph was hard (I know, some of you are thinking that's your trot but you have to start somewhere!) and during my long run this past weekend I was holding 6.8!! I just watched the Biggest Loser and this one girl was sprinting at 8.5 - I bet I can do that but I'm going to have to mentally push myself to hold that number.
I'm currently working on training for my Marathon in April. All of my milage has been on the treadmill but I've found some great friends that will join me for at least half of it and check on me while I finish up. I've been asked several times what my goal is for this marathon. What I've learned is that yes it's great to have a goal but if you push yourself as hard as you can and leave everything out there - a time isn't as important. My goal is to SHADER my previous marathon time - so far I'm on track to do so. By how much? How about a lot?
Cycling I've been able to be at a cadence of 90 and hold it while having a conversation. I pushed myself this past Tuesday and touched 130! My endurance wattage was siting at 160. Last weekend I pushed it to 170 and felt pretty good. The last half hour I jumped up to 180. I still felt good but I'll hold 170 for this upcoming weekend.
Swimming is a little bit slower. There is so much to think about. This has been my off week so my goal in the next couple of weeks is to hit the pool as many mornings as I can. Some mornings are harder then others to roll out of bed and jump into a cold pool. Once your in it's fine but it's getting in and moving which is the hardest part. I'll get there. I just need to finish 2.4 mile swim in under 2 hours and 20 minutes in September.
No comments:
Post a Comment