If you keep saying that will it come true? I hope it does. Dang. The first one or two are great but when you get to number 10-15 it hurts so bad your ready to die. You have to keep telling yourself it's going to be over but who am I kidding...it seems like it will never happen!
Today was the OFFICIAL start to my marathon training (St. Louis Marathon on April 10th). I'm so ill prepared this time. I don't have a solid plan. I don't know how many miles I should be doing but I know I'm going to have three days of solid running. Day 1. Tempo running 4-6 miles moving my speed up towards the end of the run. Day 2 Speed workout/Intervals. Day 3 Long run. Day 1 and 2 will be Monday and Wednesday but Day 3 will have to be either Friday or Sunday. Friday seems like a logical day but I'll blow it for Jonny's class and suffer during Saturday's 4 hour toucher session. So...Sunday it is...lord help me!
I have the week off, the only perk to my job is having this week off, so I went to the gym not once but twice. The first time I ran for about 40 minutes. Instead of staying at a comfort level I kept inching up the speed finally sitting at a 7 mph for the last 5 minutes. While I look around I check out what others are at. It seems 7 mph is the average norm but for me that's freaking fast. I hope someday 7mph is my norm. For now I hover around 6mph (which is a 10 minute mile). I spent the next hour working on core and leg presses.
Round two I met my friend Colin at another gym. I was going to run again but this time I was going to do intervals. Taking a shower, eating and a little nap between the workouts made it feel like a day has gone by since my last workout so I was ready to go again on the treadmill. I started with a 5 minute warm up inching myself up to my norm of 6mph. Than for the next 20 minutes I did sprint intervals 2 minutes on/1 minute off at 7mph. Towards the end I was up to 7.4 which by my standards is holy crap that's fast. I felt good, was still breathing but I was praying I wasn't going to have a Biggest Loser moment and fly off the treadmill. Thank god I didn't.
We ended the workout on the rowing machine and although I had someone to talk to the rowing machine was still boring.
No comments:
Post a Comment