Sunday, December 19, 2010

That's going to hurt tomorrow

Late start today. I went back and forth deciding what I should do even though I had plans to meet someone to do core and to work on my swimming technique. I knew it had to run. The problem: Indoors our Outdoors.

After talking to my friend Colin (pictured in the previous post with the Butterfingers and bag of empty Reeses Cups, 14 to be exact) and found out when he got home from consuming 1,810 calories of candy with 184 grams of sugar all while watching the 2 hour airing of the 2010 Hawaii Ironman, got on his bike for 2 hours and then went out for a fast 5k run. I knew I had to go outside for a 10k run.

Running on white sandy sidewalks was not going to be easy. I've ran on that type of sand more times than I haven't and knew it was going to be more of a strength then speed training working. I told myself yesterday that I needed to step up my game. I've been too compliant and too comfortable in my workouts. I'm training for an Ironman - there is nothing comfortable about an Ironman except for the comfortable bed at the end of that day.

JJ's 4-hour class brought me to tears about my performance. Even though I lowered my wattage which meant I should've performed much better, I was cramping up more then I was the past month I've been going to his class. It even got to the point when JJ looked over at me and said I need to come more often which in his nice calm way was saying he was disappointed in my performance. The way he said in a calm tone was far worse then someone yelling at me that I was sucking. I can't handle the silent disappointment.

So from that moment on I knew I needed to get to the gym and hit the weights and work on my core like I used to a few years ago. I was pretty damn strong.

After an hour rest from my run I went to the gym to focused on core for 1.5 hours. This week I maybe walking like I'm an old lady but I know I'll get over it and if I continue hitting the weights and the core...I will be better.

No comments: