This past week I learned core is the key to my Ironman success and also I have a lot of homework to do.
I started to train with this older guy I met in spin and swim class.
He pulled me off to the side and said "How is your core"
Me, "I like to do core work but I need to work on it."
Old guy, "Your not training for only 3 sports your training for 4 sports. Core being the 4th sport."
Me, "Great I guess I have some homework to do. I'll fit it in after I finish my morning bike/run, stressful day at work, second workout of running after work and before I pass out."
Old guy, "Ok. Let's meet at 5am everyday before swim class to work on core."
Me, "Ok. What's another 15 minutes of sleep."
I recently found out this guy was training for the Olympics and is by far one of the best swimmers in town. Who am I to argue with his recommendations. I just say, "Ok. When?"
Jonny J:
"You can do all the biking, running and swimming but what puts someone into the next level is core work."
Today, I did interval sprint training with my friend Colin. After our run he wanted to to do some strength training.
Colin, "Here stand on this boosu ball with one leg."
After wobbling like a old laundry machine he looked frustrated and said, "ok try this"
Little bit better on this foam mat but not by much we did a few strength training moves - which I sucked at!
During our after work coffee chat Colin said, "I've trained 64 year old women that have better stability then you do."
Me, "Great. I guess I have some homework to do."
No comments:
Post a Comment