I get a kick out of this:
Being in a Marketing Agency we do several projects that require photo shoots. The photo shoots can vary depending upon the story the pieces is trying to tell. In some cases, a full body shot is not required. Instead, a hand holding the product is the only thing needed. Believe it or not, there are hand models out there that charge about $300+ an hour (not including travel expenses).
Your probably thinking, "That’s ridiculous to charge that amount for the little work that they do and how can I get into this line of work?" It's not as easy as one might think. You have to hold the product under the hot lights for an hour or more while they moved one finger a millimeter, take a shot, analyze it, move another finger, take a shot, etc. All while contorting your wrist because natural looks funny.
In most cases we are asked to find someone internally to do the work—of course, for free. I wouldn't say I'm the best choice, but I now have done my second photo shoot as a hand model. I guess there will be a little Photoshop work done since I have my summer cycling tan on the wrists.
I wonder where you can find an agent in Minneapolis?
No comments:
Post a Comment