As I embark on yet another milestone in my life I look back at what I’ve done and what I still want to do. It only seemed a short time ago that when I heard someone say they were 30 and thought they were “SOOO OLD”. As I sit here on my last day of being 29 I think—You are as old as you feel and I feel like I’m eternally 17. There will be no “My life is over.” “It’s all down here from here.” I maybe the only person embarking on a new decade and can’t wait for it to happen—and mean it.
The teen years, were the hardest years. Awkward, didn’t know how to fit in, didn’t know who you were and where you wanted to go. The 20’s your first taste of freedom, college, parties, low paying jobs, Ramen noodles, moving every six months. It was fun, but it wasn’t easy establishing who you were or wanted to be. 30, now here is where the fun starts. You’re already established in a job, have a stable home, your head is (almost) on straight, you have outlandish goals that you want to obtain and never saw yourself have when you were younger.
I look forward to what this decade has in store for me.
5 comments:
happy birthday, and you are right age is just time passing bye, and if you feel 17 forever, just think about me, 16 againspecially when it comes to cycling, when i go to a bycicle race im like a litle kid in disneyland, enjoy the ride and have fun
jorge
The best is yet to come. We'll have to celebrate!
It does only get better.
Grandpa always used to tell me its not years but miles. Well Irv lived until he was 99 6 weeks short of 100. He rode a bike until 90, the last couple of years he stayed inside on a stationary.
enjoy 30 and many more they do go fast.
40 is awesome!!
40...Oh Baby wait until 50! That is by far the best. Life is just beginning, so you better prepare yourself.
Post a Comment