I tried to take a week off from the gym but I could only handle 4 days. I know, what you’re thinking—but it started to go downhill fast. Sleeping until 10 (on the weekend), almost late for work, eating Christmas cookies for breakfast, watching bad TV shows—and liking it. I don’t know how someone who isn’t active handles it.
Last night I went to the gym to run on the treadmill. Call it my 4 day vacation or now being a new decade older…but my average heart rate was out of control compared to last year’s same workout. Although, I’m almost certain something is wrong with my heart rate monitor. Ten minutes left of my run, I guess I wasn’t looking so good—this lady who just got off a treadmill behind me, walked by and gave me a boost of encouragement (I think she thought I was someone else she knows who would be moments away from falling off the machine). Even if it was a mistake—it was very well needed. Even thought it sucked, it put in perspective how much work I have to do in 45 days.
This morning before Jody’s class. I did my version of interval training on the track. I know, I shouldn’t have done it so soon, but MG is the only gym I go to (that I know of) that has a track at the gym. After I was done I noticed that I was 2 minutes slower than last year! 2 minutes—that’s a lot!! I have a lot of work to do in a short amount of time.
In spin class today we were played this game, Jody’s version of a chase, every 15-20 seconds if you wanted your group to attack you raised your hand then everyone would get out of their seat and run. I guess I was feeling pretty good so I raised my hand a few times in a row. I got yelled at by my group, but I wasn’t the only one who was raising their hands multiple times! Now, I’ve been called a lot of things in Matt’s class, but Jody took it to a whole new level. I wasn’t, and I didn’t, take it personal but for my multiple hand raising events she called me a Bitch for working the group so hard. You have to understand, she’s a tough instructor—just ask Kenny—so for her to say that to me…I take that as a complement. (Matt—this doesn’t mean you can get away with the same activity.)
1 comment:
Madonna...You are worried about your heart rate. Come on girl, lets get real.
When you get to be my age you worry about your heart rate.
As far as the HM goes...stop worrying ,because you are already doing more than most.
Give yourself a break! You need a happy hour!
Post a Comment