The last twelve hours were déjà as last week. Long run outside Tuesday evening and Jody’s spin class Wednesday morning.
I finally purchased a headlamp the other day. I wasn’t sure I would like it—probably because I thought it would flop around and cause more frustration then benefits. I’m so happy with my new purchase—I love the headlamp! It stayed put the entire time. For the first time running in the dark I wasn’t frustrated not being able to see the path AND the cars actually paused for me! Go figure. I know, not a big deal—but when you didn’t have one before it’s a big deal.
On the other hand, it was funny, you know that headpiece you put on animals with a treat that hangs in front of their face to make them go faster? During my run I felt like I was chasing the light. Great motivation, but holy crap! My average heart rate for 2 hours was 164. My AT is that number! So I was in my AT on average the entire time…no wonder I thought I was going to lose my cookies on my cool down. Am I really up for a ½ marathon? I only have 52 days left.
1 comment:
You're doing 2 hr runs my dear. Probably 10 miles or so???
You'll be ready unless of course you're out for the course record.
Make sure that you're getting some shorter faster runs in at least 3 days a week.
Post a Comment