Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Are Blogs a thing of the past?
Now that we have Facebook, Twitter and Woot (a shopping site where you can talk about products) should we abandon the originator Social Media outlets like MySpace and Blogger? Truth is, I was never a fan of MySpace but there will always be a little piece of my heart still with Blogger. I’ve noticed lately blog sites I would drop in and check out are either blocked or they are linking their Twitter/Facebook/Blog together. Quite frankly, it’s not the same!
I know, I’ve been MIA lately so I’ve decided to get back into the grind of working out and then tell you what moronic thing I did that day.
Here we go…
This morning was Jody’s class. Amazingly I was able to get up and get to class. When you currently don’t have a set schedule 5:45am class seems like a chore. When Jody walked into the room everyone went silent. Even the crickets stop chirping! She had on a light African print jacket and a skort (a skirt that goes over your shorts) that was Hawaiian print. A need to do laundry and adequate home lighting was questioned by several men in the room. I had no right to talk with my bottom of the dresser draw selection.
Today’s class seemed a little different then a typical Jody class. I don’t mean it was bad, quite frankly just the opposite. After yesterday’s 50 minute interval training with Kristen, a second day of interval training was hard! My legs just didn’t want to work so it became a mental game just to keep going.
Then I got this bright idea!
I was going to go to Chris’s Total Conditioning (lifting class) over at the Plymouth gym. I walked in and there were so many people I couldn’t believe it! There had to be at least 50+ women in that room—barley any room to walk. I found a spot and got my stuff, when we started she said, “Alright, we have a lot to do in the next 70 minutes.” WHAT 70—like 7-0? Shit! Exactly 2.5 minutes after we started I was already in pain. For the next 7-0 minutes I saw stars at least 4 times, did 100 push-ups, a ton of lunges my legs clearly wasn’t ready for, a combine total of 15 minutes of jumping jacks, and a whole bunch of other stuff that I can’t remember. What I know for sure is that I broke down every muscle. I walked out of the gym after class like I just got released from a POW camp. I now know what those stay-at-home moms do to stay fit and I was using the lighter weights. Damn it, I’m going back—as soon as I can walk again.
Thankfully, I found my sense of mind because I was going to go back a third time today for Jessica’s spin class. The girl is nuts—but I’m not ready for her intensity. I think I’ll be ready for her in…March.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment