Friday, October 22, 2010

I have never…in 10 years

Had someone rudely interrupt me while I was lifting to discipline me on how to “correctly” do a Lat Pull down.

There is a code of ethics at the gym if a stranger has their earphones in you don’t go up to them to try to have a conversation. Period. I’ve had friends tell me they keep their earphones in even if they don’t have the music on just so they don’t get bothered. I know it’s rude also but if I’m at the gym I’m there with a propose not to socialize. (unless I’m in spin class)

I know it doesn’t sound like a big deal – but who was this guy to come up to me to tell me I was doing it completely wrong? If it was a trainer or a really buff guy I wouldn’t care but a complete stranger (who was quite stringing looking) is another thing. Yes, there are some years (this is not one of them - yet) I look much better then I do now - i.e. I know what I’m doing in a weigh room and have a few muscles showing – but after 10 years of lifting I would think I know the correct posture of a lat pull down.

All I’m saying is first don’t approach someone if they have their headphones on unless you know them and second if your going to correct someone’s form think twice before you do because they probably know a hell of a lot more then you do.

No comments: