Yesterday afternoon I went back to the gym to get in some “pool time” and to work on my breathing techniques – I would like to start Mater Swim classes this week so I have to get this thing down! Some days are better then others but this was not one of them water kept rushing up my nose which caused me to stop at each end of the pool to let it drain. You would think I was filling up a bucket and emptying it at each stop.
From the start I didn’t think the workout would get better. Stubborn as I am I wasn’t going to let a bad swim make me lose track of the goal for the evening which was to do 10 laps. As time went on it didn’t seem to get much better. How will I ever be able to swim with 2,600 people at once for 2.4 miles if I can’t get this under control and start learning faster techniques?
On my way back, on the 9th lap, I turned my head and a rush of water came shooting up my nose like a title wave. What happen next only happens at Ben and Jerri’s or any local ice cream shops – I got a massive chlorine brain freeze!
Thank goodness for the floating lane rope because I almost went down the drink since the headache was so powerful. I knew at that moment my workout was done.
This morning I wasn’t going to let the night before discourage me and I had a better swim. Water still went up my nose but not quite as much. Someday this issue will be over – I just hope it’s sooner than later.
"If the goal doesn't scare you shitless...it ain't big enough" -Melanie Jones
No comments:
Post a Comment