Friday, June 19, 2009

Blackdog #4

I’m going to try to keep this one short since quite frankly it feels like I’m saying the same thing as last time.

I got to the dog not mentally ready to race. My mind this week has been on Team Strong Heart. By the time I got to the line I was more focused.

The wind this time was going to be on the way back so I was going to go as hard as I could on the way out with the tailwind to make up time for the headwind on the way back. Since the finish line is 1k past the start line you have to do what you can to compensate for the loss.

The guy behind me didn’t pass me until I was half way out—I thought he would get me much sooner. On the way back, I was ready to lose it. I say that a lot, but this time there was true want to ease the pain. Thankfully I didn’t have anything in my stomach but I was debating about the water I just took in then thought against it. I needed it since it was a humid day. My time as 18:22 about my average time. I came in 4th place that day.

Once the pain was done it was time to party in the parking lot.

No comments: