…for the first time in 3 months. It sounded like a great idea until I started to run.
Actually, it wasn’t as bad as I expected. No heart rate monitor. No watch. No expectations. My plan was to keep moving and not to slow down until I completed my 3 mile course.
Now that I’ve changed my type of riding from short-fast intervals to long endurance rides I need to add running back into my plan for cross training. Seemed as if this spring, when I was at the peak of my running, jumping on the bike for longer rides and climbing hills wasn’t so hard.
Give it a try…add running into your cross training workouts. You’ll be amazed at your performance.
Update the next morning: My legs are killing me!
I can ride 100 hilly miles and be completely fine, but running 3 measly flat miles is making me walk like an old lady. I thought I was in better shape then that! Stretch it out...
No comments:
Post a Comment