Now that it’s September and it feels like fall, and daylight is getting shorter, I decided it’s time to get back into the spin of my fall/winter/spring routine—not yet ready for the intense running thing yet. Ugh! Note how many seasons that just covered! Why do I not live where it’s much warmer? Yesterday I woke up before the birds to go to Traci’s spin class. Oh how familiarly—is that a word?—strange it was to get up at 4am, walk into the gym, set up “my” bike as I’ve done several times before and pushing your self to uncomfortable limits. Ok, that part I could do without.
It was great to see the same gentleman behind the counter taking my card to check me into the club I’ve been so used to seeing every morning. To seeing old friends you haven’t seen since April, catching up on what you and they have been doing the past couple of months. Now that school is starting and road racing season is over this will become true come the springtime when I’m outside again with my roadie/racing friends.
Traci took it easy on us. A few songs got my heart beating a bit faster thinking we were going to go harder—there are select songs that each instructor has that never leads to a comfortable workout. Other songs during the class brought a smile to my face thinking about a ride or event I did this past summer.
Don’t get me wrong, there is plenty of riding time left and a lot more miles I need to add to my bike, so for putting the road bike on the trainer in the middle of the living room will just have to wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment