While I was out of work, one day felt like 4. Now 4 hours feel like 1. I LOVE IT!
Update on the job front: I was officially given the written "we want you" request and I said “WHOOT WHOOT!!! I’m on board.” We work hard but we have fun. The other day I was hazed into the company. They opened a new can of spam dug out the middle and had me do a shot of tequila. Hormel/Spam is one of the clients. The tequila took out the taste of the Spam and the Spam took the bite off the tequila.
I love the craziness of life. I love to be doing something each moment of the day and when it feel like it’s not enough—I add more. It’s almost like spinning. After a couple of minutes you get used to the speed and add more resistance. Every few minutes you add more and more resistance until you look down and see the knob is a full turn and you’re still feeling strong.
I’m getting used to this resistance (i.e. my new job) and will add more once it feels like I can handle more. I’ve been asked to do freelance work for two companies and there is the ever looming marathon training that still seems ridiculous. I start on Tuesday and this idea of completing a marathon already doesn’t sound like a good idea.
Last Sunday Joe and I did a 3 hour class. ½ hour warm-up, 1 hour with Chris, ½ hour recovery, 1 hour with Angie. In both classes I burned a 1000 calories!!! Although, when I came home I ate at 3000.
Monday and Wednesday I made it to spin. Since I had a work party on Thursday night I missed Matt’s class.
Saturday I skipped the gym entirely because I got an iPhone and spent the entire day playing with the damn thing.
Today I went to Matt’s 2 hour class. I ran for a while before class. First hour was Alpe d'Huez—21 switch backs of pure climbing with no left turn of the resistance. Second hour was Firehouse 50. Each class as a stand alone is hard enough, but when you put them together you end up in the fetal position on the couch for the rest of the day.
Which reminds me my iphone and couch are calling me.
2 comments:
Good luck with your new bike, hope it wins you some races.
diane
That is great news Madonna! Now get your ass to Friday morning spin :) I'll just have to start saving your bike for someone else.
Post a Comment