Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Family Is Coming Around


I talked with my brother last night and I’m excited to report that I am not the only one over the age of ten in my family who has logged a few miles on their bike this year. Yep, the big-little brother is in! Now I have someone to ride with this summer when I go to our family reunion in Pennsylvania without getting the “that’s ridiculous” comments from everyone. Some of you know what I mean. The best part is, I don’t have to worry about bringing my bike. One of his patients owns a bike shop and will let me use their high end bikes while I’m out there. Now…here is the BUT part. He lives in the Lancaster area. Home of the Amish, Mennonite, Landis, and the Appalachian Mountains—i.e. I will be schooled by 5th grade girls in a dress on a bike built in 1962. I’m up for the challenge.

He also made sure to rub it in that it is 67 degrees today and that he has been out riding for three weeks.

1 comment:

nerdman said...

A bunch of us have been out riding for 3 weeks.