Thursday, April 24, 2008

Luce Line

I’m stoked! A co-worker told me the paved portion of the Luce Line, from Vicksburg—where I live, will bring me two blocks behind my office building. Last night I tried it out, not only did I not feel like my life was in danger by being on the roads during evening rush, but I made it home faster than if I was to drive!

Once I got home I dropped of my bag and headed towards Wayzata High School to meet the MGC Wednesday group. I was feeling great. Speed was up, hills were no problem. I finally found the group two miles north of the High School. I turned around and within 10 minutes, against a wind that kicked up within the past 15 minutes, I bonked. Not even the granny wheel could help me. I told the group to go and that I would do my own route and go home. Once the Tonka team passed me like I was standing still I knew it was time to go home.

I’m taking today and tomorrow off before the Ken Wood’s race.

No comments: