I got out on my bike twice this weekend. I knew the Loons where going to be in the Medina area on Saturday, but most of them have been braving this cold winter and have more miles on their legs the I do. I caught up with a couple of them but was dropped quickly. Instead, I did my own route and climbed all of what I would call a MN category 2 hills. I quickly realized that I need a new cassette—I was told mine was fine, but I was skipping up every hill. Made things a bit more interesting, but I knew that if I lost control during a skip I was going down.
Between the lack of road miles and 16-20 mile/hr winds my average speed was very low. I’ve ridden those hills in that type of wind many times so I understand where I should be. I have a lot of work ahead of me to feel like I’m back up to par.
After 3 hours I headed home, exhausted, legs cramping. When it was a nice surprise to see a few guys I know enjoying a day on the bike. Blazen’ Bob, Grasshopper Matt, and Ken the Cook flew past me like it was a race. Beta Bill was no were in sight. Bob never even looked back! He said Hi and was gone. Matt made fun of my clothing—at least I was out there. Kenny yelled that I made the blog. And that was it.
Sunday I went out for a quick loop around Baker Park. Again the wind was strong going west, but was very well welcomed on the way home.
Saturday: 44.1 miles, average 14.7 miles/hr, time 3.03—Medina, Maple Plain area. Worked on hills, the wind was about 16-20 miles per hour.
Sunday: 21.7 miles, average 16 miles/hour, time 1.21—Medina road to 19 up 24 to home.
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Spring is in the air
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Madonna, relax! It's early.
I wasnt making fun of the minnie mouse mittens a lot of middle aged japanese women like to wear them
It's all about soul. The form will come.
Post a Comment