This past Saturday was absolutely beautiful. I got out on a 66 mile ride with a few friends. Erika came over to my place and we headed out to meet Matt and Joe in the Medina/Wayzata area. Not sure how I got added to the morning group, but by 7:15am we were on our bikes. Poor Joe, he had no idea that keeping with Matt meant you were going to chase down every casual rider you came upon. I on the other hand knew that was going to happen, so I opted to stick back and ride with Erika since it was her first hard ride of the season. She did great!
After we realized there was no way we were going to meet up with Bob, Kenny, Bill, and Eric. Matt and I showed Joe and Erika the rollercoaster neighborhood—one square block of rolling hills. I guess Erika didn’t hear me when I said you take all right turns because she took a left on the second turn. Oh well, we ended doing that loop a second time to find her. Joe thought Matt and I were nuts after we got to the end of the loop each time and said “What a great area!”
I was feeling pretty good so once we parted I headed down to the Opus area to check out the terrain since I plan to do a few Opus crit races. What a fun place to ride on the weekend! I didn’t know it was only 10 miles from my place. No cars, corners are not sharp, clean roads, all the roads are one way so you only needed to watch one direction. I was flying around the corners!
Sunday was a wash (it rained all day)—no workouts or riding for me. Instead, I did what other women do…I went for a much needed shopping trip. How do they do it? I can spend 5 hours on a bike and feel great, but 3 hours of shopping…I needed a nap after I was done. Next time I’m going to wear my heart rate monitor to see what my average heart rate and calories burned verses working out.
This is a great photo. Bill didn't know Kenny took this picture of him. He "claimed” he was adjusting his water bottle. As all of us know...he's full of crap! He found a speck of dirt and was rubbing it off. Take a glance at Bill’s blog he likes to keep things neat and clean at all times. Especially his bikes.
2 comments:
Very funny! I'm not even going to try and fight my out of this one. All I can say is watch out for my camera on future rides. However, I did use my new work stand this evening to clean up the old "Black Beauty".
shot of what!!!!!!!
jajajajaja
jorge
Post a Comment