Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Ready… Set….

Here we go! The race schedule has been out for a few weeks now, everyone is starting to make their summer plans. Regulars are back in the gym working off their off-season weight. Jody is in full force. Matt isn’t holding anything back. And today I seemed to be on FIRE!

700 calories burned in Jody’s class, and another 300 for running after class—can I get a cookie now? OK, I’ll pass, but I tend to average about 550 per class. If you are male, add about 75% more to my numbers and that’s the intensity of these classes.

We did a new type of workout today—we simulated a triathlon. You ask, how can this be done? Good question. Throw in a little creativity—i.e. imagine you are doing the other activity by pushing your body as hard as you would if you were actually doing that sport—and crazy transition music (whistles blowing, horns honking, mothers giving birth—ok not this one but close) and you have yourself a triathlon all on your safe spin bike in a climate controlled studio. No helmets required.

Aside from a one sport triathlon, a couple other things concerned me today in spin class.

1. We learned Bill comes to the studio Friday afternoons to detail his spin bike and Monday afternoon to oil and tighten his bike. Hum—no wonder he never complains about his bike and why others feel that it’s the prime spot.

2. Scott has done a triathlon with a helmet but no shoes—I wonder if this “triathlon” is his locker room version? Sauna, Jacuzzi, Steam Room.

3. Last week we learned Matt used a booster seat and peddle extenders in is 1876 car—oops I meant 1976.

Now why would I sit on my trainer at home and miss all this!?!

No comments: