Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I’ve Peaked.

Yep, I finally peaked for the season. My motivation for competition has now hit the wall. I have to admit I peaked a while ago. Maybe it has to do with an unexpected change that recently occurred but my drive to win or attack a hill like I did in the spring and early summer is now gone. Don’t get me wrong, I’m still jumping on the bike but I’ve switched from short fast sprints to long tempo endurance rides.

I hate to peak. You tend to loose a little bit of the passion you had that gave you so much joy.

4 comments:

grasshopper said...

dont worry it will come back.
Bill peaked about 45 years ago.

Vito said...

What!!

Madonna...just relax and enjoy your rides. It doesn't always have to be about training and racing.

When you get as old as I am you'll understand.

Anonymous said...

Once you peak it's all down hill.

Brett

Madonna said...

ahh...Brett. Nice to hear from you!

I was suckered into racing this weekend to secure my podium spot for MN Rider of the year. Stay tuned. I'll post an update.

Bill, your right I need to get back to basics.

Matt, I hope Bill didn't kick your butt after class for that comment.