Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Found My Mo-Jo (on Tuesday)

For the past week I’ve been hanging low, all I could seem to do is complain about the weather. Then I was sent a article that said if you seem to be bitching more than normal it’s due to overtraining. Especially for us common folks who work a 9-5 job, or for me 8-6. So I sucked it up and came to terms with the fact that we live in the tundra and some day the weather will turn for the better. I question that statement this morning when it said -14 without windchill.

Monday I skipped Don’s class. I chose to do 90 minutes on my trainer. For those of you that are on your trainers more than spin bikes this time of year…I commend you for your dedication. I don’t know what it is about sitting on that trainer. I can do a 5.5 hour ride outside and feel great, but 1.5 hours on the trainer makes me what to cry. I’ll suck it up and continue to jump on the trainer from time to time.

Tuesday night I went to the gym and ran for 90 minutes. I think someone slipped me Bill’s beta blocker. I was feeling great my heart rate stayed low and I never went over my AT until the last 2 minutes. I stayed at a comfortable speed for the first 30 minutes then bumped it up every five. After 60 minutes I dropped it back down but then kept bumping it up again until I was in full sprint mode for the last 2 minutes.

This morning I went to spin thinking that Tina was teaching. Ugh, no it was Kristen. Eric and Bill put their iPods on and just did their own thing. I tried to tough it out. I don’t believe there is a mute or volume control button on that women. The music was good, but I couldn’t hear it since she was screamed at the class instead of instructing. We were doing rolling hills, when we sat to do the downhill her voice volume went up. With the speakers only feet away I had to drop down and cover my ears. After 45 minutes of this I jumped off the bike and grabbed my iPod. No matter how high I turned my volume up I couldn’t seem to hear my music. Aside from all that, I felt great. Surprisingly my legs didn’t fatigue spite my run last night.

On a side note, have you checked out Neil’s blog? His double century looks intense.

P.S. I finally got my Jeep back after three weeks!

1 comment:

Kenny said...

Well, Tina taught our class this morning! Before she came in, Jody was outside the room yakking. I knew that Michelle was gone and I was thinking great! Tina is ok, but like you say, she is an aerobics instructor. I didn't run today, I have a cold and even left work early. I'm pissed that I have a cold this soon before vacation.
Glad to hear you got your jeep back.