My first Duathlon. I just signed up for the Apple Duathlon in Sartell, MN on May 24th. The distance is 5k Run/33k Bike/5k Run (3 mile run/20 mile bike/3 mile run). I used to live on one of the roads that the run takes place on, so I know the terrain and have ran it before. The only thing that scares me is the unknown - since I've never done one before, and that it’s a qualifier for some other big Duathlon which means there are going to be a lot of elite athletes there! Oh well, I’m not doing this to compete against them. I’m doing this for myself. I hope I don’t come in last. That would suck! I should be fine. I’m running somewhere between 6-10 miles at one given time and 20 mile bike ride…that’s just a warm up!
My other plans are still TBD. I would like to do a bike race in ND (home state), I’m still looking for one the first week of August around the Harrisburg, PA area, and the rest will be around the twin cities. Any suggestions would be welcomed.
Yesterday I took the day off from working out. This morning was Matt’s class. We did rolling hills today. First one seated, second one standing, third one a mix. I felt great aside from the fact that I saw stars a few times. It didn’t help that the spin studio felt like a steam room.
Tomorrow is Jody’s two class. I haven’t had a good Jody butt kicking for a couple of weeks.
Friday, February 22, 2008
What’s next?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
The best thing about it is the unknown. That's why people do crazy things. At least that's why I do them.
madonna i got you a good couple pictures of the guy but an autograph is goig to be a litle dificult but i have one more day to try
jore
sorry madonna, just pictures, but really close ones, on the bike and off the bike, show them to you later
jorge
Post a Comment