I know not something one admits. I’ve always said the hardest part about working out is walking though the gym door. Once you are there you might as well do it. I love, love, love the endorphin rush afterwards. It makes all that sweating and grunting worth it.
On Friday night I got to catch up with the Trailhead/Loons/Strong Heart team. It was nice seeing everyone and what they have been doing. I feel bad that I wasn’t able to catch up with everyone, but I know they read this blog so…Hi!
Saturday I missed Jody’s class. I tried to do a quick day trip to North Dakota with my brother-in-law to drop off a car for my nephew and to see my dad who wasn’t doing so well. We got about 120 miles from Minneapolis, towing a car in high head winds that caused the road to have very low visibility. We noticed a sign stating the highway was closed starting at the next town. There was nothing we could do except turn around and head back home.
Sunday I headed down to Matt’s 90 minute spin class in Chanhassen for anaerobic threshold/intervals. Bill and I sat in the front to give Matt a hard time, too bad Kenny didn’t show. Next time. I felt pretty good, but the pain in my face and my wet jersey said a different story. I’m used to “my bike” at Maple Grove. I know the tension, where I should start, where I should be at to be at a certain level. Needless to say my tension was too high, but I got a good workout. With 30 minute warm up, 1120 calories burned.
Bill, Matt and I had a nice conversation after class. Bill went out on his bike for 1.5 hours in -40 degree weather with windchill the night before and then ran before Sunday’s class (about the same temp). I called him crazy in my last blog (Kenny has other words), but as we discussed it really isn’t as crazy as us doing a century when it’s 102 degrees out.
Monday I went to Don’s class for endurance training. It is much harder to spin in the evening then in the morning. I don’t know what it is, could be I’m just used to the morning torture. 559 calories burned.
Tuesday I took the day off.
This morning I went to spin. Tracy was back, but as I said before - her pregnancy will not hold her back from giving us a good beating. And we were beaten. 616 calories burned.
Tomorrow morning is the weight lifting class on crack.
Jorge is heading down to the Tour to California. Have fun Jorge and don’t forget what I requested! I’m jealous.
3 comments:
i try my best maddona, anything for you, im going to twist that boonnen guys arm and tell him about you
jajajajaja
jorge
madonna did you see who won todays stage at the tour of california?
jorge
Yeah! I was excited! Did you get his number and a date for me yet?
Post a Comment