I wrote this blog this past weekend and didn't get around to posting it. Note: there is quite a bit of complaining in this entry.
Remember that first snow storm back in November? Remember how excited you where that it was snowing? Why is it that it turns from bliss to bust within a couple of months and what is it about the sun that brings a bounce to your step? I’ve been shuffling along this past week.
Thursday I went to the weight lifting class in the morning with a co-worker. I learned my lesson the week before – don’t try to do too much, ease into it but do it quickly! I went back to the gym after work and ran for 60 minutes. I haven’t run for about a week so I took it easy and brought up the speed. I stayed in a comfortable heart rate zone and was able to bring up my HR slowly hitting and going over my AT the last 5 minutes. 833 calories burned.
Friday was Matt’s class. We worked on Endurance, it was the same profile as last Sunday’s class, but this time I kept my head down and just focused on my cadence. I figured it out – Eric needs hearing aids. He’ll ask me a question during class. I’ll answer it, but after my response EVERY time, he’ll say’s “What?” It drives me crazy! 550 calories burned
Jody wasn’t able to teach this weekend so we had a couple of subs. Tina taught the first class. Once you get past the fact that she is an aerobic instructor then a cyclist teaching the class she isn’t that bad. Her music had me singing karaoke the whole hour. Dan taught the second hour. I don’t know what was up with him during that class because it was inconsistent. Good thing I already decided that I was going to do my own thing before it even started. I thought I might go for a run later that afternoon so I wanted to save a bit for later. 1056 calories burned
I didn’t run on Saturday, so on Sunday I had to get out there and do the run that I’ve wanted to do since last Tuesday. It was a different path, one that I know very well on my bike, but also one that would not be safe to do at night. After much negotiation with myself (I wasn’t in the mood) I headed out. I got two miles into the 10 mile run when I stopped turned around and walked back home. I wasn’t feeling it, I wasn’t enjoying one step of that run. That entire walk home I kept thinking about a century Carol, Paul, and I did this summer. I bonked, gave up at mile 102, got off the bike on a hill and wanted to walk the 6 miles back to the shop. I didn’t even know what I did until Paul yelled at me like he was a drill sergeant. I’ve bonked before, but I’ve never given up. I gave up then and I gave up on my run today. I don’t feel good when I give up. I come home, put on my shorts and jumped on my trainer for an hour. It was something, but not enough. 729 calories burned.
On a brighter note, the Tour of California started. For a tour that’s only 3 years old they have a lot of pros and fans that are attending the race to watch. I’m glad Verses is airing more of it then just highlights on Sunday.
Tonight is Don’s class.
No comments:
Post a Comment