Saturday didn’t start off how I planned. I woke up at about 5:00am looked out the window and contemplated—hypothermia (40 degrees and raining) or a warm bed and a few extra hours of sleep. Guess which one I chose?
I met the TH group at the shop at 9am for the coffee shop ride. There was a good size group that showed for the second ride. Erika came and we meet Laurie at the coffee shop. The lady at the counter was excited to see us, she said she knew it was summer when us cyclist start showing up on Saturdays. Although, she was disappointed that “the little one” wasn’t there.—Jorge that was you!
Neil and I had a great conversation back to the shop. We talked about the book he was reading and about blogging. Going back to my first entry there was four reason why I started this blog (I’ll let you go back and check it out), but I have a few guidelines to my entries. Nothing about work, nothing in-depth about family, no pictures of my bike parts (you can ride next to me to see them), and to keep the subjects on my rides, races, and fitness progress. I apologize if I come off egotistical sometimes, that is never my intention. I’m excited to tell you what happened and that I wasn’t expecting it to go in my favor.
Everyone looks so different in regular clothes!
Saturday night was Bill’s 50th party with his “bike friends”. Thanks to his wife Patti and to everyone who was able to show up it was a great time! Matt—we missed you! Those that were non-cyclists I hope were not bored with our continuous talk about spin class and/or the bike. Bill got some great gifts! I couldn’t pass on getting him the BBQ-3 Park Tool Barbeque set. Now he can flip a burger and tighten his peddles with the same tool.
Sunday I met Diamond Dave, Dave H, Mike B and Tom C for the Stone Arch-St Paul ride. We started off at 9am at 40-something degrees. The closer we got to the Smith bridge to start our hills the more nervous I got from the anticipation for what was to come. Last year I had more miles of riding on the Baker Park area hills then this year. Aside from Tom, we all agreed we were not ready to do the Ramsey/Summit hill instead we took the switchbacks to the top—equally has hard. On our way back I was happy with my performance so early in the season on those hills and I wasn't as spent as I was last year. I’m not sure, but I hope I wasn’t holding up the group. I would like to think I was able to keep up with them. I’d like to go back and do that route as often as I can to improve my climbing skills—let me know if you are going.
This morning I pulled myself out of bed to go to the gym to run and lift. 40 minutes into my 60 minute run I was told I had 15 minutes to get off the treadmill for the Team Fitness group. That group is really starting to piss me off! I wasn’t able to get as many miles in as I wanted, but I was able to pull up the speed and stay there for longer than I’ve ever been able to in the past.
Tomorrow is Opus again. I haven’t decided if I should go back quite yet for another beating.
3 comments:
See how you feel tomorrow. You have gone pretty hard for the last three days.
Oh, and your blog is far from egotistical... you want ego, go to bikethrow! or nerdybike.
madonna here is 80f everyday, and im having a wonderfull time, wish everybody were here riding together without being concern about the weather, so far im riding 50 miles a day, because my family is here with me. so mazatlan, is really nice and i have a lot of good friends, is really overwhelming to comeback and see my all friend again, see you guys at iron man, weather permited
jorge
Post a Comment