Friday, May 9, 2008
Bricks
Bricks= training on two disciplines during the same workout, one after the other with minimal or no interruption in between, just as you would do in a race.
Just so we are clear.
Yesterday I met up with the MGC Ladies Thursday night ride. We had a good turnout. Six women, six road bikes. This meant we were able to work as a group on various group techniques while keeping the group at a higher than average speed. We went out to Fletcher and rode the TT route (next time we will race—with arrow bars!). Two of us instructed the group about drafting and a how to do a rotating paceline. A few of the women caught on…a few still need practice. All-in-all, it was fun. Our average speed was 17 mph—not bad for this group so early in the year.
Once we got back to the shop Laurie, Erika, and I put on our running shoes. I was pushing for ½ a mile (I’m still not 100% back to normal). Erika wanted 5 miles. We negotiated with 20 minutes about 1.75 miles.
It was good to see where I’m at since I haven’t ran in about 2 weeks. Due to the bike racing, I was taking 2 days off before the race with a recovery ride the next day. That doesn’t leave much room for anything else. Now that there is a break for a few weeks, on the bike racing schedule (aside for two more Opus crits), I will start focusing on running and brick training…The Apple Duathlon is around the corner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Like clay and mud?
Post a Comment