Last night I did the Opus crit. Each time I do this crit it seems to get easier and easier—thank god! I was able to stick with the main pack for about 5 out of the 9 laps. The remaining laps I hugged the wheel of three other women. I don’t think they appreciated the fact that I didn’t contribute to pulling, but luckily one of the girls I’ve been able to form a friendship with so she was willing to let me ride behind her. I got 8th out of 12. Next week’s race will be fun. It will be a cat 4 only race…so if you see Holly help me encourage her to do the race.
I finally started to ramp up my training for my duathlon today. For the next five days I will be waking up early to run for an hour. Each day the speed will increase. In addition to the running, for the next three days I will be riding between 30-40 miles per day. Then on Monday I will start to tapper until the du (Saturday).
No comments:
Post a Comment