I made a commitment to do the Stone Arch ride on Sunday. Maybe not the best idea as a recovery ride.
Mike B, Diamond Dave, Jorge and myself headed out. Keeping in mind the news article from last week and the emails about representing the club name—we were more diligent to come to a (rolling) stop then just fly through the stop signs and made sure the cars were aware we were passing them with a friendly wave. One lady didn’t seem to care how careful we were—she honked her horn at us then turned around to make sure we knew that we where pissing her off. I would have to say, she hasn’t seen the gym or has owned a bike in several years. I know—that was mean, but those people really tick me off. My theory continues, she was in a big SUV.
This time Mike didn’t take me out—but there was no messing around at the gas station. I wasn’t even close to being ready to leave and they were gone.
I felt great and did the hills with ease. What a great Sunday morning ride. I’m really starting to like that route.
Thanks again Jorge for the hat!
6 comments:
As I recall, after leaving the gas station you put about 100yds on us before WE were ready. Can I get your autograph?
Is that you Mike?
Never mind who it is...Don't you get enough attention on your own blog Neil?
No, my comments are way down. It is hurting my ego. HA!
Maybe you should get back into racing then!!!
I am retired.
Post a Comment