This story needs to be blogged about...
A couple of valley girls came into the shop (my PT job) to look for spin shoes. They stuck out alike a sore thumb. Everything about them was fake—hair, boobs, nails—and expensive—Bebe clothes, Dolce and Gabbana purse. I guess who am I to talk—my cycling clothes are not cheap and I have my eye on a bike that costs a couple thousand dollars.
I looked back at one of the guys and asked if he wanted to take this one—he can’t handle talking to attractive girls. His face turned red, he grabbed the phone and walked around the back looking like he was busy while telling me that I should take it. It was so funny to watch him.
We didn’t have any shoes that they liked (didn’t match their workout outfits) so they left. I told the guys they couldn’t afford those girls.
A few hours later they called and asked for me. They came back to look at the shoes again. They found a pair that worked (they would have to get new outfits), but we didn’t have their size. By now this was just pure humor to me! I asked them which spin class do they attend. One girl said the 9am or the 12pm class at MG Lifetime (the same studio I go to)—Must be nice to not have to work when you are 23 years old. The one looking for the shoes said that she has never been to a class before but she needs the shoes before she could go to the class. I almost lost it, it was so hard to keep a straight face—where did these girls come from? I guess I missed that sign on the door that you need cycling shoes to attend the class. They left in their Range Rover.
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Valley Girls
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's classic! I had the opposite a few weeks ago at TH. I waited on a 60'ish woman, who had her husband and daughter along. They were all talking at once and were all "experts" on bikes. The daughter had a Trek hybrid she bought a couple years ago. I too, was trying to dump them off, but since I'm the old guy at the shop, I deal with the old folks! Anyway, they all calmed down and I turned on the "Schik charm." Now, mom was about 5'10" and needed a tall frame, but had a hard time swinging her leg over the saddle. She was also VERY particular about seat height, I must have adjusted it about 5 times per bike. But, after 3 different bikes she found one she liked for $249. I listened to her husband tell me how he used to take the kids on bikes to baseball games in Milwaukee. Of course, the story had to be repeated by everybody else! But, she liked the bike, loved my service, and when they were done, she said "God Bless you!"
Well, that was a first! And she said it again to me later!
Turns out they all were teachers at some religous school!
Eckhart Tolle
Post a Comment