I don’t mean going to Jody’s class for your first time back lifting weights—that’s just a SF move—it takes months to get to that level. I mean, if Kenny can push out some push-ups I can do a few leg presses and bicep curls. Thanks Kenny for the inspiration!
Last night I went to the gym to lift. I forgot how insecure you feel at first, but I tried to block it out—give me a little time and I’ll get over it. I also forgot about how much time guys look at themselves in the mirror. I on the other hand, I don’t care to look at myself in a mirror at this time when I’m lifting weights—it’s embarrassing! I don’t need to need to see the painful look in my face when I’m trying to lift a dumbbell the weight of a soup can.
Getting back to the guys looking at themselves in the mirror—ladies next time your guy makes a fuss about you looking in the mirror too much, ask them how much time do they spend looking at themselves at the gym? 98% of that time they are not even lifting a weight.
Anyways, I had a pretty good workout and I felt like a noodle when I left. Can’t wait until next time!
This morning was Matt’s class. We heard all about his Grizzwald vacation, his daughter being quarantined on the ship, etc. Never a dull moment in his family. We also learned about Greg’s unique heart rate test—I’m surprised this hasn’t been tested before. He strapped on his heart rate monitor, sat on the couch and drank 5 different kinds of beers to find out which one would increase his heart rate more. Sam Adam’s won.
No comments:
Post a Comment