So the past couple of months I’ve been in this funk. I’ve been working out…but not loving it. I NEED TO love it! Something happened this week—I can’t pinpoint a time—but now I WANT to get off the couch and into the gym instead of I NEED to get off the couch and into the gym.
Saturday I got outside for the first time since my Du and ran about 10 miles. Things were feeling pretty good until mile 7. It was windy, but I didn’t get the nice dreaded piercing winds until I passed a lake that accelerated the coldness. I made it back home before it really got cold. Instead of recovering I got a call from my sister who was on her way and wanted to go shopping. Family obligations should have limitations.
As a honorary Silver Cycling member SC had their year-end banquet Saturday night. Points (Amy) got Most Awesome Acquisitions, Kristy Kream got Most Improved Rider, and (OC) Jackie got Best Female Rider of the Year. I got socks that were too big. Next year looks like it will be a good year for the Hellions we picked up two more riders—so WATCH OUT Birchwood the Hellion Six is on your tail!
Side Note: If you are in cube life at work and are chewing gum—STOP IT! Your neighbor does not need to hear you smacking and popping your gum.
Sunday was a 90 minute spin class. Usually Matt teaches this class, but he’s been hanging out with his kind at Disney. Jackie’s fiancée Greg taught the class—Greg just signed up for 2009 FL Ironman. I’ve been pessimistic about spin class subs—the last one, I am not kidding, almost put me to sleep! Greg’s class did nothing of the sorts. His music was motivating and for an instructor who doesn’t know my bluff—not that is hard to catch—he called it out a few times. No messing around with him—when he wants you at you’re AT it better be at your AT.
After class I raced out to Lake Rebecca to watch the psycho-cross race. 25 degrees—do I have to say anything more? I was only able to see the 10 A racers—get their tails kicked by Adam Bergman. The peanut gallery (Amy and myself) had a good time yelling at the racers. Hollywood gave it a good try but only won a new nickname—Pumpkin.
Last night was my long run on the hamster wheel and this morning was Jody’s class. As always she kicked my tail, but I was more interested in the new video she popped in—it was MTB like I’ve never seen before! Holy crap those guys are fast!! I said it before, I wish I had the skills and guts to ride ½ or even a ¼ as good as them.
1 comment:
Get off the hamster wheel and get outside!
Post a Comment