Monday, November 24, 2008

The Plan—there is no plan

I have a new plan. I’m not going to make one—for now. That is, I’m not going to say that I’m going to run until I’ve ran, I’m not going to say I’m going to spin until I’ve spun. For the past couple of weeks I’ve been saying in this blog that I’m going to do this or that and not upholding to those plans. So…I think I’m going to talk about what I’ve done not what I’m going to do—for now until I get back on track.

Saturday I didn’t spin. The idea of getting out of my warm bed was not something I wanted to do. Have you ever heard the saying “The hardest part about working out at the gym is walking through the doors.” It’s true, I just forgot about it that morning. I got a call from Erika mid-morning and I was going on for a few minutes how I was upset with myself that I didn’t go. Erika is one who understands how it feels to miss a workout.

I met up with the other four Hellion girls. The plan was to bedazzle—I still giggle when I hear that word—but instead we screen printed everything from jeans, t-shirts, even underwear—they were new, and clean. One of the girls is an artist who screen prints in her basement. The theme of the screen prints were of course cycling. Everything came out awesome. I love my new shirt!

I left the girls to meet up with the TH girls at Holly’s house to spin for 2 hours. Erika and I were the only ones able to make it. I’m amazed at Erika—7 months pregnant and she is still on the trainer for an hour. If I was 7 months pregnant I would need a grandma seat on my bike. Hell, let’s not wait—I’m thinking that I need one now!

I tried John’s rollers using the wall as support. You should’ve seen me, I couldn’t believe I could hug a wall like I did—I held on for dear life with one hand and the other hand on the handle bars—averaging about .5 mph for a whole 30 seconds. For those mere seconds—which felt longer—I could see the appeal of the rollers. I would eventually like to get one for fun, but I’ll wait to see if I can get a good deal.

Another side note: Please, Please, Please when you are at work do not eat popcorn at your desk especially if you do not have a door. Leave the popcorn munchies for home or if you are at the movies.

On Sunday I drove down to Matt’s 90-min spin class. It was fun to see a couple of MG guys there—we were just missing Bill. Matt introduced me to the guy next to me, Tom, who I guess was my Wednesday version. Tom looked like he had one too many the night before because he was spinning like he was on a Sunday stroll. I don’t know about the rest of the rows but the front row had a good time.

I then went down to the Mall of America to take a few pictures for work and I checked out the new Nike Town store—not very impressive. I was impressed with the new Columbia store. Many more items were added to my “want” list, but I was quite impressed that they were featuring the Columbia-HighRoad team. On video, in the store front (with a real Giant bike), and whatever type of cycling gear the pros wear was available. You don’t see that in many stores.

2 comments:

Vito said...

UNDERWEAR!!!! Too much info Madonna.

Madonna said...

It wasn't mine.