This weekend was the MN State XC race. Kristy Kream showed that you don’t try hard enough until you toss your cookies before you pass your competition to take second place. Congrats Kristy on a stellar year and for your second 2nd place win at a state champ race this year. Linda Sone took first for the women’s 1/2/3 race. And Moorhead native Patty Cakes came around and got 1st for the men. It was a awesome race to watch especially on the steps in the wooded area. Beer, bonfire, hotdogs, music—when the racers came by it felt like you were a screaming fan in the middle of a European race. Hollywood even stopped for a few laps to join in on the festivities before jumping back on his bike to finish the race. It was crazy! I guess next year I’ll have to barrow a bike and add cross racing to my season.
During the race a number of snow-biking guys came by to check out the event on their 4" fat tire Pugsley. I’ve been following Jill from Alaska’s blog so I’ve heard about this beast of a bike—but it was awesome to see them rolling around and a number of them.
It was so cold out but I tried to hang around as long as I could to chat with my fellow racers, but my body couldn’t handle the cold. The rest of the night I spent rapped in a blanket popping vitamin I from the headache I eventually got from defrosting.
Sunday felt like a lazy day—but I got out the trainer and spun for 1.5 hours. I don’t know if it’s my 1980 hand-me-down trainer, but I never feel like I get much of a workout from the trainer except being uncomfortable. I’d much rather be on the bike at the gym if I’m going to pedal nowhere. So not feeling like I got much of a workout—I went to the gym and ran for an hour. I stayed at a lower speed but I varied my incline. I focused more on the up and down of the incline that the hour flew by!
Tonight I’m going to go watch the guys look at themselves in the mirror.
No comments:
Post a Comment