Doesn’t that sound scary...”THE STAIRMASTER”…it was, that StairMaster kicked my ass last night. I was sweating all over the place—like someone dumped a bucket of water on me, and my left calf was cramping. My left calve was cramping!—Now with all that running and cycling that I’ve done wouldn’t you think that my left calve would be the last thing to cramp?! I don’t know how successful I looked, but I tried to make it look like I wasn’t in as much pain as one would be towering over the other sweaty people. You can pretty much see Iowa from that height.I started the workout running, I got into the habit of running on the treadmill on Tuesday afternoons—I know yuck, but I’ve been able to endure it. So there I was with my iPod, 25 minutes just went by, I FINALY was getting into a groove—even lip singing a few songs (yeah I do that)—when I hit the f-n’ emergency stop button!! Of all the buttons on any machine…that damn stop button on the treadmill drives me crazy! Just when you settled into the pain and are starting to feel good you take a drink of water and BAM you hit the damn stop button and all of your hard work is gone. Starting over isn’t the same. You’ve already gotten past that period of time that you told yourself “if I get past this point I’m solid.” I could have restarted and finished my hour run…but I was pissed. So I went onto the StairMaster for 40 minutes.
As luck behold, my AM/FM radio (that I switched to—yes I still like to listen to the radio) that I’ve abused way too much, was rebelling. It crapped out on me after 25 minutes of my 40 minute climb.
I finished my cardio, and did about 45 minutes of weights before I called it a day since I wanted to get up early and go to Jody’s spin class…which I overslept and never got to her class.
Did I have a good workout? Spite the obstacles—yes it was a good workout.
No comments:
Post a Comment