For the past two years I’ve been joking that the most reliable male in my life is my Trek 1500. The Madone is still in training. So for Valentine’s Day Trek and I went for a 22 mile bike ride in the Medina area. First road ride for 2009.
There was no complaining he was ready to go no matter the weather. Although, you could tell he wasn’t very happy with my lack of keeping him in tip top shape. He skipped a little from time to time just to make his point.
The roads were, for the most part, clear. I had to keep my eye open for glass which was hard to distinguish next to the combined sand and salt residue.
The temp was about 10 degrees cooler then what was projected (21 degrees) and with the open land and naked trees the wind was much stronger than anticipated. I would have gone longer but I wasn't able to feel my feet so I headed home.
One thing I learned through my physical frustration, no matter how many hours you spend on the spin bike—nothing can really simulate riding outside other then riding outside.
3 comments:
but madonna everything you do makes it easier for you to regaing youre form,
keep it up.
jorge
Thank Jorege your right. It's just frustrating to struggle up the same hill that felt like nothing six months ago.
Hey aren't you in CA at the TOC? I'm looking forward towards seeing your pics!
im leaving thursday nigth, so im going to watch the TT at solvang, the end of the stage in santa clarita, and the final stage in escondido
Post a Comment