This weekend was perfect to get out on your bike.
Friday night I spun with Holly, Carol, and Diane for two hours—I would call my performance more of a zone 1 ride. I barely broke a sweet. I put in my time that morning in Matt’s spin class and interval running after class.
On Saturday, 22 people showed up for a 2pm group ride. I was expecting maybe 7 but 22—That was awesome! It was so much fun to catch-up with everyone since I haven’t seen some of them since last fall.
We all road together for most of the course. About ½ way the group split one group did about 34 miles (144 loop) another group did about 44 miles (Nealorador). You know, I’m going to come up with a route and call it the “El Mad–Onna”. :)
Amy and I rode together on 144 when the Nealorador group split into 3 groups. The wind wasn’t bad but we were close to the end of the stretch when a semi buzzed us too closely. We were holding on for dear life to our handlebars—our bikes were being sucked into the direction of the semi. I was so happy to see the second set of wheels on the semi which meant we were in the clear.
Dave H. and his friend showed up on MTBs. You know someone’s true endurance when they show up on fat-tires or on a single speed and can keep up with the group. Dave and I battled it out on Super Prime (Fat-Tire vs. Skinny Tire). I’m fully convinced he let me win Super Prime because the way he was riding those fat tires—skinny tires really didn’t have a chance.
Neal and I had a good conversation about the up-coming REGBRAI event in July. He is all set. The triple and the bell is on. His training is going well. He just needs to invest in a fanny pack and he is ready. 20,000+ riders—I have a feeling he will be easy to pick out. :)
Although I felt great after Saturdays ride, Sunday I had full intentions on wasting my day away watching bad TV, but I got a call from my friend Ryan who went on-and-on about how nice it was outside—I couldn’t resist. I went out for a ride 40 mile hill ride in the Medina area. The winds were so strong it felt like I was in a middle of a Hurricane! I’m ready for the first three races of the year.
1 comment:
RAGBRAI!!
Post a Comment