Monday, March 2, 2009

Weekend for my Weekend

I need a weekend to recover from my weekend.

Friday morning was Matt’s class—same profile as Monday’s class. Bill said it best once class was over “What the hell was that?” Since I decided that I won’t give up running over the summer like I did last year—too hard to get back into it again in the Fall, I ran a few miles on the track after class.

My teammate Jackie had her baby on Thursday—Carlson was 8 lbs 13 oz. He came out as a 6 month old! I guess she had full right to be freaking out the month before that it was going to hurt a lot. All of us girls from the team went to see her and the little one after work on Friday. She already asked her doctor how long would she have to wait before she could race. :)

After all that oooh-ing and aaahh-ing I went up to Trailhead to participate in the 24 hour spin-athlon that the 2009 RAAM racers were putting on. As much as I wanted to ride longer I could only stand being on the trainer for 2 hours. Actually 1hr 45mins before I started complaining that everyone was going numb and that I had to go home.

Saturday morning I found myself waking up on the couch with the TV on. After much negotiation, I went to the gym to stair climb for an hour at a reasonable pace and to lift. I learned the next morning that I should have lifted lighter weights while doing squats. I was disappointed with the people watching at the gym—I usually get to watch a whack-o at his finest during that time of the day, but they were all normal.

That night I went to the bar with a couple of co-workers. No I didn't break my lent creed, I had water. We played this buck hunting game. Once you shot the gun you had to pump-it in order to shoot again—now don’t get dirty on this one. I’m not into guns much less video games, but after a few rounds of less than satisfactory performance I started nailing those bucks like I was using a semi-automatic!!

Sunday was Matt’s 90-min class. Although I was a little sluggish—I was not favoring this workout. 30 minutes of hearing Matt saying “2-3-4-down-2-3-4-up-2-3-4…” or “down-2-up-2…” was getting a little old after 60 seconds. It works to keep the class in check, but I think it’s in the best interest of the instructor to inform me when the 90 minute epic ride of transitions or jumps will take place so I can accidently oversleep the class.

My plan to go home after spin and pass out didn’t really happen. I ended up running around the northern suburbs purchasing the digital camera I’ve had my eye one for the past 6 months—Olympus Stylus 1050. Circuit City is having their final days of business close out sale and they had the camera in stock at 40% off. So watch out—you maybe feathered on this blog shortly!!

1 comment:

grasshopper said...

up 2,3,4 down 2,3,4 up 2,3,4 down....I can put it on your ipod if you want.
I have to do it! nobody including you have any rhythm