Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Feeln’ Good

Last night I wanted to go for a long run, but didn’t want to deal with the windchill so I went to run on the hamster wheel at the gym.

20 minutes of a flat incline slowly increasing the speed during that time, followed by 30 minutes of intervals at that higher speed with a cool down of even a higher speed on a flat incline. I felt good. I had that feeling again of having fun while running (It comes and goes). Ending the evening with some ab work on the ball. I can’t wait to get out sometime this week for a long run in the balmy 40 degree weather!

This morning I went to Jody’s class. Somewhere deep down I hoped that she wouldn’t be up to par after her week vacation to Mexico sipping on margaritas. I’m now convinced that those margaritas were spiked with something other than tequila. She came back with a vengeance. We started out with jump (all of us are tapped-out on jumps this week so we all did our own thing), then extremely hard hills, then speed work. Each section had three rounds were you would count your revolutions trying to improve upon the last round. After round two I lost count—working so hard you long your thing coherently—so round three I had no idea if I did better or worst.

It’s always a good feeling to know that you came close to seeing Jesus but will live to attended another spin class.

No comments: