Monday, March 9, 2009

Surviving a 3 hour spin class

A day off from the gym, a lot of sleep, oatmeal, breakfast strawberry fig bar, four bottles of water, half a cliff bar, and a protein shake with water is my perfect mix towards surviving a 3 hour spin class.

Matt and Jody provided us with a special Sunday 3 hour, no holds-bar, tail feather kicking spin class on Sunday. I wonder what Jody eats before class? She always has so much energy. I couldn’t believe how good I felt the entire 3 hours! I’ve done a three hour class once before, but got bored after 2 hours making the last hour extremely hard.

I’m a little disappointed that I didn’t win the Hot Potato prize. A signed autograph photo of Matt and one of Jody posted in my cube at work would have been perfect. The bell for my bike would be great for those group rides when Matt leaves me to fend for myself in the middle of god knows where and not to mention during those congested riding times at REBGRAI. And the other random crap—I mean treasures—would find some useful purpose.

Class ended about 10am and by 3am I was dead to the world. I slept about 10 hours that night.

My day off on Saturday was pretty interesting. I didn’t realize that I had so much pent-up anger. Especially when I hear about grade school bullies—no kids should go through that mess. Let’s just say if you have a neighborhood snow fort that needs to be taken down for good reasons and you don’t want your neighbors to be pissed off at you—I’m the one you should call. They all came out to watch, but no quos came out of any of their mouths. I was ready for their crap!

No comments: