The night before I thought I would celebrate—which was a dumb mistake. I won’t get into it because basically I’m embarrassed. I know better but I decided to let my hair down and I paid for it on Sunday.
No hangover, but moving slowly I was done with all this racing, and being stressed out on my performance that I just wanted to go home but I had one more race to do—a crit.
Overall the crit wasn’t that bad. There was one downhill turn that looked scarier than it really was, a windy section that wasn’t an issue, and a hill that was harder to get to the top then the big hill the day before. My heart rate stayed low but my legs were done. At one point I saw we had 12 laps left—which meant I had to drag my butt up that damn hill 12 more times. The next time I looked I was down to 6. Somewhere around lap 4 or 5 I dropped a chain right at the steepest part of the hill. I got it back on, clipped in and was able to start moving. Some guy came out and gave me a push. The next time around I asked him for another push up the hill. Hell, if you’re not going to be in the lead group—have fun!
I finished overall in 5th place. Kristy took home the hardware—or should I say a bike tire—for 2nd place overall (but we know she was the real winner).
No comments:
Post a Comment