Monday, May 4, 2009

Opus #2

Sorry for the late update. It's hard to keep up.

Last Tuesday I went to my 2nd Opus race for the year. My teammates played hooky so I was the only Hellion on the line. Looking around there were a lot of cat 4’s.

I stood on the line more nervous this week then the week before. Not sure why since I was happy with my performance last week, but this week felt like I was going to get a beating.

After lap one all of the girls where together. Thanks to chip timing I’m able to tell you I came across the line 13th. Not so good, but not to worry it was only lap one. Lap two 9th place. Not to be mean or anything, I was kind-of surprised to see so many girls still in the back. Last year I would have been off the back by now. Lap three (sprint lap) I got 8th. No points for me. Lap four 7th place—we started to lose girls at this point. I was a little pissed off at myself. I have to get better on picking wheels. I was on the wheel of this one girl when I looked up I could see the lead group starting to form. I got around her and was able to catch-up with them on the downhill. I was angry that I had to exhausted so much energy to catch-up. Crits are ¼ strategic, ¼ taking chances, ½ fitness. If you mess up on any of these you could cause yourself the race.

Lap five I came in 6th place. Lap 6 (sprint lap) 5th place—third in my category. Lap seven, 7th place. After this lap three girls took off to be in the lead group. I was in the chase group. Lap eight, 6th place. I was done. I fell off the chase group. Lap nine 7th place. Damn track racer sucked my wheel like Wendy Wheel-Suck and got around me at the end. Points where already taken at that point.

The results came in and I wasn’t on the list. I challenged the scores since they only scored the top three that came across the finish line on lap 9. I don’t understand why it was scored like that when Opus is ALWAYS a sprint for points competition. Results still haven’t came in.

No comments: